Thursday, August 23, 2007

Projects I'm working on

I'm stuck in a color rut. I just love red in quilts lately. I just started 2 quilts the red birds in the air from Fons and Porter. I just have these 2 blocks done.

I also stared the little star quilt. The blocks are 6". I did a doll quilt and just loved it so though I would do a bigger quilt. I have these 3 blocks done and all the fabric cut. The fabric saver system was a big help. Most of the pieces were already cut it will be very scrappy looking.

I have 8 of these poinsettia blocks done. After a year!!! (I need to applique leaves on yet.) I need 24 to do a quilt with alternating stepping stone blocks. I have the poinsettia block pieces all cut out. I'm going to use them as starter and enders to force myself to work on them. I don't like taking the time to pin the inset corners. I hope to get them done by Christmas. So I can display it.