Monday, October 1, 2007

Star Baby Quilt


Well I guess I left September pass by with out a post. I have been sewing. The star blocks I was working on are laid out on the floor. I must of miss calculated I thought I had enough to do a quilt top. Blocks and a 6'' border to make a 60'' square quit top. But no this is all I had after laying them out. About a fourth of what I would need. My math must of been way off when I cut out the pieces. The 6'' blocks looked so cute. And I've been searching for a Baby quilt pattern for our first grandchild. (Our daughter and son-in-law have been married for 6 years we are very excited!!!) Don't know if it's a boy are girl(due in March). I didn't really want to do a pastel baby color quilt that is not their style or taste. I wanted something my daughter could use not just for a baby blanket. When I showed my daughter the blocks she loved them. So I have the baby quilt decided. Whew!!!

I'm going to get some fleece or flannel for receiving blankets to match and crochet around the outside.