Sunday, April 6, 2008

Goals For April

Let's see I'm working on a Dear Jane Quilt. I should really join the Dear Baby Jane and do the blocks with a group they are doing 2 blocks a week.

I am already a member of the sew many blocks group doing the Civil War Diaries and Love Letters quilts. I'm falling behind they do 7 blocks a week. I like the easy blocks but just not motivated to tackle the harder ones.

I'm doing the Quiltville Orange Crush mystery quilt. I finished the 4 patches today so I am caught up with that one. I am surprised at how many people are doing this quilt.

Then I want to set a goal to finish 4 quilts in the month of April. I'm learning to free motion machine quilt and want to push myself to do some quilts so I really get the hang of it. The 4 quilts are all batted basted ready to be quilted. One is done I did it last week and i have the binding half on, the second is about 1/4 quilted. I quilt 2 or 3 bobbins a day. The third one I had started to quilt with a walking foot but the back had lots of puckers so I ripped out the quilting and going to free motion quilt it. A lot of time spent for nothing.

So for April I want to finish quilting 4 quilts. Catch up with the Civil War Quilt blocks and the Sew Many Blocks Group. Join the Dear Baby Jane Group and organize the blocks I have done and catch up with the group. Hope it helps to write this out. May first will be wonderful because I will have this all done.