Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 1 of 100 details in 200 days

I cheated on this one as I had already used it on Helena's block a few days ago! But anyway, here it is close up.



As I'm working more with embroidery thread I find that I like using single strand thread much better than the DMC 6strand thread. Trouble is I don't have a big enough selection of the single strand thinner stuff. I haven't seen it around here at all. I picked a few blues and greens when I was in Lancaster PA recently, and I really like the way it looks so much neater. There's very few craft shops left, a few years ago White Rose closed, then not so long ago Lewiscraft. We're left with Michael's. Even places like Wal-Mart and Zellers have limited selection. We do have the dollar stores - Dollarama, A Buck or Two and Everything for a Dollar and they are getting more and more craft supplies in for very little money. Beads especially are a good deal. But they don't have embroidery thread!