Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rail Fence


Week 3 Wednesday finishes I did finish on Wednesday but just got around to posting. It's been three weeks in a row now that I got a flimsie quilted. I need to start on some bindings or I'll never get them done. Binding is not my most favorite part of quilt making.
This is a rail fence pattern I liked it because the rails were smaller then the ones I usually see. I think it makes the overall pattern really stand out. The quilt is 54 x 54 inches. A rather small quilt I should of added a few more rows to the bottom I didn't do any figuring just sewed up some strips cut them and pieced them and this is the size I ended up with. Oh well it's done. The rails were made from 1 1/2 inch strips. It feels so great to be getting some of these quilts done finally!!!! On to the one for next week.