Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dolly Madison Star

I wish all a Happy New Year!!

One last finish for 2008. With this quilt I have made my goal of 12 with a few hours to spare even. I love this quilt it is so bright and cheery. And all from stash. Assorted printed muslin for the back grounds and assorted yellows for the stars. For the back I used up 2 odd pieces of muslin like fabrics I inherited from my mother. The light floral is part of a sheet. And the center gold fabric was a fabric I really like it went so well with the quilt I had to use it. But because I pieced it with other fabric I was able to save most of it.






The quilt is machine quilted and measures 72 x 72. It is made with 16 - 18" blocks I thought with only 16 blocks the quilt would go together fast. But it takes longer to make bigger blocks.