Thursday, December 4, 2008

HST Quilt

I finished the binding on the HST quilt last night. Here it is all done it measures 53 x 64. When I started my blog it was so I would have a record of the quilts I made. So here is the story of this quilt. This quilt started because after I sorted and cleaned out my scrap tub I had lots of triangles.

Here is my drawer of triangles. They are left over from different projects, end cuts, etc. To use them I just started sewing them together light and dark and then cutting them to size.





I ran out of light colored triangles so I made up a bunch more using a poka-dot fabric and a tan fabric with white flowers. Sewed all together randomly used more of the tan for a border and the binding and made the quilt. I think because there are quite a few of the same HST blocks of the same fabric it helps unify the whole quilt. And yet when you look at it as a whole you really don't notice how many of the blocks are the same. I'm surprised how little work and time this quilt took considering all the pieces. I just love the overall effect of the quilt.
I also love the way the back turned out I like spicing up the back a little