Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vacation and Basting





I'm going on vacation and should be back next weekend. Before leaving I wanted to get a couple of quilt tops basted for quilting. So yesterday I got out the quilt stretcher frame and started to pin bast quilts. How many quilts can I do with the pins that I have. More then I thought. I want to do this one first and I might smuggle it in to the camper with my sewing machine. My hubby won't notice. I think I can hide them in the couch it looks like a normal couch but the seat opens up like a trunk and holds lots of stuff.




This is the dear Jane block I enlarged. I used old used shirts for the fabric. I need to upgrade my digital camera and get a new one this one is 6 years old and the pictures I've been taking lately just haven't been the greatest. Or the basement is to dark and I don't have the flash set right. Sorry

When the cat wants to sit on a quilt you just can't win. Chase her off and she comes right back. I added a close up of this quilt. It has lots of issues put I finally got it together mistakes and all.
The camera does better with close ups.

I love the big black paper clip thinggys I bought to hold the back and batting to the boards. I makes it so much easier then pinning. Thanks.... to whose ever blog I seen them on. They even had a tutorial. I wish I could find it back to share.

Okay how could I not notice that square until I see it on a picture and the quilt top is already basted. How could I sew a solid 9 patch in there instead of a muslin and print one. That's not going to be fun fixing.
Yes that mistake is still there.
I've tried to take pictures of this quilt before and they never turn out. It really is a neat quilt. Maybe a new camera can do it.
And if you counted that's 6 basted quilts. I was hoping for 3 or 4.
And now I'm off for a week of vacation.