Sunday, July 26, 2009

Basket Weave String

Stash report day. I've missed the last few weeks but am ready to get back in.
It's been a month since I last reported. No new fabric in. And I did a little sewing but mostly I donated some fabric that I was gifted with a few years ago. Maybe a lesson there if someone gives you their ugly fabric because they will never use it you probably won't find a use for it either. So I removed and used 21 yds from my stash. So for my yearly total I'm at.....

50 yds 33" Busted


Just this morning I sewed the blocks for this string quilt. I started it around the first of the year. I love the basket weave pattern and am surprised at the effect.

And look how lucky I am this little quilt I made last year fits almost perfectly on my new table. Feels good to be almost settled in the new house not too many boxes left to unpack.