Sunday, April 2, 2006

New blog 1st entry


Here we go my first try at blogging. I guess I should start with my inspiration and why I love quilts.



It's this quilt. It belonged to my grandmother and when I stayed overnight at her house it was on the bed not on top but as one of the blankets. So to see it you had to lift off the bedspread. I love the feel of it's cotton fabric and the quilting. I'm not sure where it came from or who made it. I think the pattern is pickle dish. It's machine pieced and hand quilted in very tiny stitches the points on the arches all fit perfect. I'm guessing it was a wedding gift because I think it was made in the 1920. None of my relatives that are still alive can help me with it's history. And I don't remember my grandmother ever talking about it. If any of you can help me with dating it better I'd like to hear your thoughts.