Monday, February 9, 2009

Chicken scratch tea cosy

No wonder chicken scratch embroidery was so popular back when. It's so easy, works up quickly and looks nice when it's finished. Here's yet another tea cosy. I did a different pattern on each of the two fronts. To see my other chicken scratch, click on "chicken scratch" in the label box below. There's also a tutorial for making this tea cosy. Click on the sidebar label for "tea cosy tutorial" It's basically made from four square blocks, the crazy quilt ones were, but this was made from one big oblong.
Added August 16, 2009. In my sidebar I have a gaget called "Feejit" that tracks visitors to my blog. I've noticed in the last few days that I have many, many visitors who are coming directly to this post on Chicken Scratch. I'd be interested to know where you made the connection. If you like you could leave me a message on this post please.