Monday, June 21, 2010

What I worked on for Friday Night Sew-In

I actually did work on a project for Friday Night Sew-In, but had a couple of issues with the pictures so I am just posting now.  Better late than never!  I had tablerunners to make for my son's teacher and for someone at my school. 
First I started with some 4" finished Thangles--I do like working with thangles, especially the larger ones.
I cut out 4 1/2" strips of my fabric choices:
Then I placed two strips right sides together and used the Thangles to make my half-square triangles! 
From there I laid out the center of the tablerunner:
I then put on a 3" white border, and added a top and bottom white triangle.  On the white end triangles I fused flower petals with a center and used my machine to blanket stitch around each petal and center.
I then attached the end pieces to the center, quilted it and added the binding!  Voila--a finished tablerunner--then we put it in a pretty gift bag and off to school it went for his last day of seventh grade.
There we go--two tablerunners off to new owners!  This was almost like a tutorial!  Well, until tomorrow, happy quilting!