Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frilly SugarTulip




Some of the visitors to my blog who came for the Gumpaste Tulip Tutorial have asked how to make a frilly tulip.  For the red tulip featured in my tutorial I used the cutter on the bottom left with the quarter inside (to show the size).  For this white tulip I used the smaller cutter on the top left.  After the paste was cut I used the scalloped cutter on the top of the petal and a little way down the sides.  Then I used the ball tool and frilled them well.  I followed the same steps as in the other tutorial, taping the centre stamens together, then the inside three smaller petals, and lastly the outside larger petals, one at a time to keep them in place.  Then it was dusted with pale green on the edges of the petals and at the base, and after that I steamed the flower.