Thursday, April 8, 2010

File It

By "file it," I mean file it in the one marked "What was I thinking??"
Is it just me, or does anyone else think this will be a hard fabric to incorporate into a quilt in a meaningful way? In the picture on my computer monitor, the dots looked so much smaller.

You know how sometimes fabric vendors will put a coin or a ruler  next to the fabric to give you of idea of the scale? Well that would have been helpful.

See what I mean? These dots are HUGE!

Want to know the name of the fabric? It cracked me up. It's called "fish lips." Here's the deal. With my ongoing obsession with selvage edges, enough of an obsession that I'm starting an etsy shop, that would have been a great addition to my collection. However, I just ordered 1/4 yard. And I didn't get the part of the yardage with the name. That would have required at least 1/2 yard. And then I would have had 1/2 yard of "what was I thinking??" instead of just 1/4 yard.

Anyone out there totally in love with this fabric? Let me know. We could make a deal...