Thursday, March 11, 2010

The future of quilting

I have been dreaming of having a granddaughter who would share my love of quilting. Even before she was born, I purchased a Featherweight, hoping eventually I would be teaching little hands how to make a simple quilt.

I'm seeing glimmers of my dream coming true. We were at the quilt store the other day. She was in the play area with her little brother. I found some really cute fabric..

Since I'm having such a good time making fun pillowcases for both Charlotte and Levi, I took it over to her and said, "Charlotte, do you think this would make a good pillowcase?" She replied, "Yes, Grandma, and a really nice quilt, too." Score!

Bonus: Won't this be a great selvage to incorporate into something fun?
 

And really, who would NOT want to spend time sewing with this cutie? (Note to her mommy: No behavioral rules were broken. Each of us decided to make a funny face, and this was her choice. Too bad you can't see mine...)