Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snowbals and 9 Patches

I need to quit playing facebook games and get back to sewing. If you don't play games on facebook don't start it's way to addicting. I have to turn my addiction back to sewing so I at least have something to show for my time instead of a very nice zoo.

I have had this quilt on the design wall for a few weeks. It's a combination of about three quilts that I like. I'm working on the colors and layout. And really like what I've decided on so far.


not this one or the next one






























This one 9 patches in the corner of the blocks. 9 patch blocks in the corner of the quilt.





Here is a picture of one of my inspiration quilts. I liked the small 9 patch blocks and how they blended in to the first border of small squares. I didn't like the alternate blocks or the applique border in this quilt a little to busy for me. and the applique would take me at least a year. So I used snowball blocks for alternate blocks in my quilt. I've wanted to do a snowball quilt for a while but never found a layout I've liked. Still working on a final border yet.