Monday, March 8, 2010

In a bind...

Remember 3460? Saturday afternoon it arrived back home to me after being amazingly machine quilted by Mark's cousin, Ione. Okay, so I was a little freaked out when I saw the big box containing the quilt, sitting on my front porch. The mailman delivered it to my front porch. Without me at home. It could have just "walked off" in someone's arms and I never would have seen it again. Ack!

And yesterday began the arduous task of binding it. Lots of binding. It is 108 x 108 inches. Though stunningly beautiful, it is heavy and awkward.

(Is it just me, or does that mountain of binding look great against the wall in my office?)

I spent last night watching the Oscars, working on the hand-sewing portion of the binding. One side down, three more to go...

And on a totally unrelated topic. Friday night Aaron and Mark went on a father-son date. Christa was hosting a scrapbooking weekend. So while I babysat, they attended a donor's recognition dinner for Fresno Pacific University. As Mark walked into the kitchen all dressed up, Charlotte looked at him with this very puzzled expression on her face. "Grandpa???" She has never seen him dressed up before...

And sometimes there is a really good reason, or two, why I don't get as much accomplished as I plan: