Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thanks, Kaffe

One of my best friends, Sue, has been in the hospital for over a week. The long-term prognosis is not good, surely not what any of us wanted to hear. Even though I'm in a bit of a bind, timewise (more on that tomorrow), I decided I needed something to cheer me up. I headed over to Barnes & Noble. A large cup of coffee and Kaffe Fassett came to the rescue.

Kaffe has a new book out:


Spectacular doesn't even begin to describe it. I spent a long time totally immersed in color, shapes, gorgeous photography, stunning fabrics...

(click to enlarge photos--it's definitely worthwhile!)

This is not a cheap book, and I could have saved a lot of money by ordering it on Amazon. But I needed it today. I needed the color and optimism today. I needed the hope and inspiration today.

Sue sent a text message saying "Don't be doom and gloom. Call me." I called her. Her voice sounds really good today. I think I'll take Kaffe to the hospital this afternoon, and Sue and I can spend some time turning the pages together...becoming lost for a bit of time in simple shapes and spectacular colors.