Friday, May 21, 2010

C UR I DKTR--Blogger's Quilt Festival

It's Blogger's Quilt Festival  so get ready to see quilts that will knock your socks off. Picture after picture of beautiful quilts, and each one has a story behind it. And before I forget to mention it later, my new etsy shop, Sewing on the Edge, is one of the premier sponsors, so be sure to comment on the festival post to be entered into the giveaways.

Our son, Aaron, and daughter-in-law, Christa, spent five years in Portland, Oregon, while Aaron went to optometry school. I always knew I would make him a quilt when he graduated. I didn't know I would be lucky enough to find eye chart fabric.
I found the pattern, "Hollow Cube," and started collecting black, white and red fabric. The blocks look complicated, but with some organization they were pretty simple to construct. Even then I was finding a way to work selvages into my quilts. Nearsighted...


Optic...
Black, white and read all over...
Lots of eyeglass frames for the back.

And a little pin for the front: the eyes have it!

The first eye chart fabric I found was quilting related. Fortunately I found something closer to the real thing for the border on the front. Because I'm pretty sure Aaron wouldn't have appreciated an eye chart that reads: "quilting and sewing makes me happy, love to buy beautiful fabric." No matter how true that is.

C UR I DKTR. Good advice for anyone. Especially anyone who spends a lot of time at the sewing machine.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy all the quilts.