Friday, May 21, 2010

Finished Quilt Top

I had all these great plans for my blue and yellow quilt to add lots of complicated borders but in the end I just put the stripes on the edge and thought that's it. It doesn't need any more. I had already made long strips of squares inside squares to add as one of the borders but sometimes you just have to stop! I have no idea what I'll do with the strips but tomorrow is another day.

Amy's Creative Side is organising a Bloggers Quilt Festival so here is my entry.
This quilt really just evolved. I wanted to create something that was different from my usual colour palette. I had seen the block on Be*mused and loved its wonkiness. I used Judy Hopkins '501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks' to work out my block size and then started cutting using yellow and blue as my contrasts. Initially I was very uncomfortable with the colours but now I absolutely love them. I still haven't decided what the backing will be but I will be hand quilting it for sure.