Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th Weekend!

Mark and I made a list of things we wanted to get done this weekend. We got a good start on them Saturday morning, starting at about 7 a.m. After we had worked outside for a while, I took a break to have some coffee and read the paper on the porch of Periwinkle Cottage (the cute little building that Mark insists on calling the "storage shed"--silly Mark).


About twenty minutes after sitting down, he delivered this to me. Okay, so maybe he's not so silly after all...


Valerie and I had gotten a head-start on the holiday weekend by getting a pedicure on Thursday. You may remember Valerie. My beloved red boots go partying with her every April.


Well, my red boots are back in the closet until next year. Good thing, too. They would be jealous. I love red toenails, and once a year I go all-out and add a coating of sparkly red glitter. Valerie? She had a little American flag painted on each toe, even the little ones!




Yeah. About those tanned feet. I am convinced that Valerie says the word "suntan" and instantly gets a shade darker. The best, the very best, I can hope for is a pleasant shade of beige.

Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy yourself and remember to be thankful for those who continue to fight for our freedom.