Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our Home: the prim nest....




I nicknamed our home the prim nest because it is our little nest and I love to fill it with old primitive items. One day soon, I will take pictures of more of the little primitive items I have in our nest.
This primitive wall hanging, I made this a few years ago, using wools and flannels. I do love wool never to wear but to decorate with. I hand embroidered little beads on it. The black crow shows in most every country primitive home. The little cherries in his mouth make seem as if he is offering a welcome to the guest. It is sitting beside an old white wooden corner shelf that has chipped paint. I love old items with their chipped off paint. I think it gives character to the furniture. I wonder where the item has lived and what the families were like. I can spend hours wandering through old antique markets. Its so hard for me to buy new things when there are so many wonderful old things available.

Visit often, and please leave comments.