Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Skills

I have been a long time admirer of this quilt.
And I have been watching with envy this little baby growing on Cabbage Quilt's Blog
I have little patience for paper piecing but Cathy's quilt was so tantalizing that I kept thinking about it.
On a visit to Amitie,  Judy assured me that if I was very careful and accurate with my templates there was no reason why I shouldn't be able to run this up on a machine.
Here is how it is going.




Not all the joins are perfect and it is still a massive amount of work but it's moving along nicely. I am not sure if I am crazy about the colours. They are just being added from whatever I have in my stash.
Anyway I have learned lots, particularly that where there is a will, there is a way. The friendly unpicker has had a good workout, in fact I think it is blunt and I need a new one.