Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts--Camera Download Edition

What follows are some very rambling thoughts associated with pictures in the order the photographs were taken.(Does that sentence even make sense?)

When you are cooking dinner, even something as simple as pizza made from refrigerated biscuits, it's always nice to have a beautiful helper.
This is the latest addition to what will eventually be the most.expensive.quilt.ever. I'll supply details if anyone is interested.
My friend, Terri, added these adorable little sketchbooks to her shop the other day. I grabbed them for C and L, before someone else could beat me to it. I dropped them off this morning, and the books already have some original artwork on the pages. Thanks, Terri!

I also grabbed this one for me, to record the books I'm reading or listening to this year (my book club added Jane Eyre to our summer reading list so how cool is it that Jane Eyre is one of the books on the cover?!)
I went to my LQS yesterday for supplies for a weekend quilting retreat coming up, and decided to stock up on this awesome grey fabric from Sherbet Pips. I thought the same fabric in the red colorway would be a good addition as well. Know what they told me? The only fabrics from the whole line that they ordered were this grey, and the same print in the blue and pale pink. What?? No little girl on the skateboard? No little girl on the swing? *sigh* And that's why I do so much of my shopping online...

While I was there I also got three yards of this most wonderful red polka dot fabric by  Holly Holderman for Lakehouse Dry Goods,  for a future scrappy dresden plate quilt. You can never have too many polka dots, especially red polka dots! And I'm completely obsessed with dandelion fabric lately...
And I'm IN for the quilt-along based on blocks in this book. I'll be using LouLouthi and solids. Two blocks a week. I should be able to handle that, right?
Tomorrow Mark and I celebrate thirty-eight years of marriage. Being married to your best friend is the best!
 The end.