Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In love with the Studio Cutter

Thank you so much Mel for your comment and question about my Halloween quilt.  Thank you Millie for your comment also--my first two comments!  I cut all the pieces using a Studio Cutter--a larger version of The Go Cutter.   A quilt shop in my area, Sew Inspired, has a free class once a month where you can go and use the cutter and if you choose, make the featured quilt.  Well, I am in love with the cutter and the patterns!  When using the cutter, every piece is the same, accurate and when cutting triangles the corners are cut for matching; plus it takes no time at all to cut out a quilt!  The patterns are by Noble Needle Quilting and Sewing.  You can visit them at http://www.nobleneedle.com/  and the name of the pattern that I made my quilt from is called Collide-O-Scope.  There are many patterns there for the cutter, but template patterns are also included in each pattern.  I am showing you the quilt top that got me started, it is called Hearts A'Feather.  Click on the picture to enlarge--I am learning still.

So that is the story with the Halloween quilt! 
Two more days until the Quilt Shop Hop--can't wait! 
Later...Happy Quilting!