Monday, February 14, 2011

Color Combos

I was in my local quilt shop the other day. You know, to pick up perle cotton and needles. and then I went home with this. But we have already talked about...so moving on.
Anyway, the person waiting on me wondered what I was doing with the orange and grey. I said I was making an orange and grey quilt for my sewing room. She looked at me with the weirdest expression.

Her: "Really? I don't think I've seen that color combination before. I just can't visualize it..."

Me: "Really???" (To myself: "You don't get much inspiration online, do you?")

Like this latest quilt block I received from my 3x6 quilt block exchange. Don't you love it?

Or this quilt for sale on etsy:

Or this awesome zigzag quilt:


and especially this:

I could go on and on about how much I love the grey/orange combination. Or a lot of other equally amazing color combos, yellow and grey; blue, green, orange and brown, etc. My local quilt shop thought I was totally nuts. But you all "get" how much I love this color combination...right??

What are your current fave color combos?