Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts: A little on edge

Warning: this will be a picture-heavy blog post. On a variety of completely unrelated things...

For my spool quilt, I had to pull out a lot of selvages based on color, whereas my normal "filing" system is by topic. So after all the blocks were completed, my selvages were a mess. I spent the afternoon organizing them.
There was a box of super cool selvages. These will be fun to incorporate into something special.


Oh, and I found a typo...


I had just finished, when the mail arrived, along with another box of really awesome selvages.

So this is my plan:


And I have started working on my hexies again. I had 25 hexies per compartment in this plastic container. I guess Levi had a better system in mind...

"Grandma, I'll be really careful..."
Where did our favorite hexie go? The monkey with the pirate bandana...

I went to the grocery store to stock up on food for Super  Bowl. I don't have a sister, but these were kind of fun labels:
Not sure how I feel about these next to each other though...


Basting quilts? In my opinion, the.worst.quilting.job.ever. I'm trying a new product. So far I like it. "Like" as in I didn't completely hate basting the quilt top. We'll see how they work with a combination of machine and hand quilting.