Monday, February 21, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Sneak peek at my spool quilt. As soon as the binding is completed, I'll post a picture of the whole quilt. I am so happy with how this quilt turned out, especially the loop-de-loop variegated big stitch quilting in the border. I'm also pretty thrilled with the binding, which is a coordinating print to the "challenge" fabric.It looks like the color registration dots on all the selvages. Perfect choice, if I do say so myself...

I got the complete fat quarter pack of Hope Valley, which included quite a few fabrics that I didn't already have. I'm still planning on doing at least three rings of just solids, and I'm trying not to be too matchy-matchy, but these solids by Anna Maria Horner arrived the same day. How great do they look together?!

And Mark was able to capture a "sun dog" in the sky the other day while driving. Quite common (I think...) in the Midwest. More rare here in the Central Valley of California. (I try not to think about how he is capturing these great photos while driving....