Thursday, February 17, 2011

Flowers - Sugar and Thread



Mary Corbett's Needle & Thread arrives in my e-mail inbox every day.  She asked the question: "Do you have other crafts and hobbies that you pursue, in addition to embroidery?".  Yes I do, my other wonderful hobby is cake decorating, especially making sugar flowers.  Here's examples of some that I have made.




Here are sugar calla lilies, and underneath calla lilies in stumpwork 


 












These are sugar hydrangeas






And here and below are stumpwork hydrangeas










This is a sugar cherry blossom tree






A silk ribbon rose tree






A sugar wild rose, or briar rose








And a silk ribbon rose








These are sugar hybrid tea roses






And these are ribbon roses

Sil




And finally some sugar pansies just waiting to be included in a spray for a cake.






Silk ribbon pansies


One thing I realize is that I love flowers - sugar, silk and real!