Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"You did NOT!"

Yes. I DID. I know it says in my bio over there on the right side that I buy fabric just for the selvages. Really that has only happened once or twice. And fortunately the selvages have come attached to fabric that I really liked. Case in point.

When I made the pincushion for Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts, it was a little tricky to find the word "crazy" on a selvage. To illustrate how compulsively I read selvages and am familiar with fabric lines, I knew that Robert Kaufman had a line called "Crazy for Dots and Stripes." I didn't own any of the fabric, but I went to my LQS and there it was.


And I happen to be crazy for dots and stripes, so it was a win-win.

But yesterday, I bought a whole yard of fabric that I don't like much probably won't ever use, just for one word. And I can't even tell you what the word is. Yet. Because it's a surprise for someone. I'm so excited I was able to find that one word. Even if I probably won't ever use the fabric.

However, I realize everyone's taste in fabric is different, and I know that some of you out there might never use some of the fabric that is my favorite. So if you think you might use this fabric, let me know and it could be in the mail to you. After I receive it. And cut the selvages off.