Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Minnesota edition

I just returned from a quilting retreat in Minnesota (details to follow tomorrow). It took me the better part of the retreat to get these nine blocks done. You would think I could have gotten more done in 2 1/2 days, but it goes a lot slower when you are working with templates and curved piecing at the same time you are laughing and talking. I managed to do some Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks too but I'll post those on Friday, and I finally started the Blockapalooza quilt-along (which incidentally has been finished for a long time...) and completed one block but I can't find it haven't unpacked yet.

So...this is it for this week, my Sherbet Pips flowering snowball quilt (taken directly from the suitcase, therefore explaining the wrinkles). I'm looking for another name and would welcome any suggestions.
No, it's not a big quilt. Yes, it would be nice if my design wall were a bit larger.

This is quite possibly my favorite block:
Or maybe this one:
Now go see what everyone else is up to. And come back tomorrow to find out what lessons I learned by going out of state to a fabulous quilt retreat.