Saturday, May 21, 2011

Echino Bike Quilt

One of the beautiful fabrics my son brought back from Japan was some Echino bike fabric. It is so special, I have been a bit scared to cut  into it. I chose a few fabrics that highlighted the colours of it.
 I cut them into 7.5" squares and made 9 sets of 9 patches.
Cut each 9 patch into quarters,
 rearranged them, and sewed them back together.

It's a bit random but I finished it in an afternoon. I really needed to get something done because last weekend was almost a right off for sewing and I was pining all week.
In between all the grocery shopping last weekend I snuck off to Patchwork on Central . 
"It was on the way home"
They were having a sale.
I had been searching for a backing fabric for my diamond quilt for a few months now and I think I did well.
It's the green one in the middle. $32 a metre reduced to $10 a metre.
Should go well with this:
I bought these too. Not sure what for.
Fabric is getting cheaper to buy in Australia, but I do love a bargain.