Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday

What? It's Wednesday already?
Last week I gave a comprehensive status report. I won't repeat it as no progress was made.
Because I spent most of the week working on this garage sale bargain.

Before:
After:
I had planned on starting my Amy Butler Weekender bag. But again, I spent most of my time working on this:

Before:
After:
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. Can you tell? And it even came with this nifty tray for bobbins and thread!

All for a whopping $2! So I did a tutorial in case you find yourself a bargain hanging out in someone's driveway!

But moving on to WIP Wednesday.

The AB Weekender bag is up next. Good thing we have a nice long weekend because I hear it has 50 pieces to cut. (Can you tell I haven't even opened up the pattern yet?)


I'm in a bit of a fabric dilemma. I only have one-yard cuts of each fabric, and to make the outside in the same fabric requires 1 5/8 yards, so I need to make the body and outside pockets of different fabric.

Originally I was going to use this combination, the orange for the body of the bag, the tulips on the offwhite background as the pockets, and the blue for the handles and piping. But I'm kind of feeling like the two tulip fabrics are fighting each other for dominance. I hate it when tulips fight...
So I've pretty much moved on to this combination, with the red as the body, the blue remaining as the piping and handles, and the tulips as the outside pockets.

I'd love your thoughts on the fabric combos, and then check out what everyone else is working on here. Thanks, Lee, for hosting this every week!