Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oh Scrap!

What? It's WIP Wednesday again?! Nothing to report this week. Again.

If you don't get the adoration of Flea Market Fancy, then you won't care about this. But when I was making Popbeads,
I saved every little corner triangle and put them in a ziplock. They were too small to sew together so I had to come up with another idea.
 
I turned them into greeting cards. I got the value pack at Joann's (using a 40 percent off coupon, of course), which included 50 cards and 50 envelopes, set the stitch length on my machine to a longer length (3.5, I think), and sewed the scraps to the front of the card. When I sewed the first one, I used a dab of fabric glue to hold it in place, but really after a couple of cards, that didn't seem necessary. But change your sewing machine needle after this project because it will be dull.

Then I got out my alphabet stamp pad set to add some words to a couple of the cards, and tied them all together with some pretty ribbon that was wrapped around a prior fabric purchase. Easy, economical, and a good use for those FMF scraps!





I finally broke down and got the Hipstamatic app for my iPhone. Is that ever a fun app! This was my first picture, taken of my coffee cup at Borders the other day, just to see what everyone was talking about. I like this picture. A lot. Kind of dark and moody.

Yesterday this arrived in the mail (yay to amazing Sweetwater Christmas fabric, boo to forgetting that I had even preordered it--which probably explains why I have two Sherbet Pips jelly rolls...).

So here's the way I look at it. When I take an awful picture with my Canon Rebel and don't have the time to Photoshop it (because I'm behind in my online photoshop class so I don't know what I'm doing anyway...), I'll just say, hey, this is from the Hipstamatic. And then you will all be thinking, "Wow, what an artsy and creative photographer Cindy is!"

Is everyone else sad they aren't leaving today for quilt market in Salt Lake City? And I really considered going. I have the credentials to get in and everything, and can even take an "employee" along...so when I mentioned it to my friend, she said, "Why didn't you say so? I would have gone with you!" (Hi, Miss Luella...).  Next year...

I was going to start The Name Game this week, but this is a busy week with people at market and the Bloggers Quilt Festival starting the day after tomorrow,
so I'll push it into next week. First up will be Julia with little girl quilts. The amazing Julia is the person who redesigned my blog and made this button, so it seems fitting to start with her.



I'm still sitting here wishing I were on the way to the airport to fly to SLC for market.

*sigh* Okay. I'm done. I'll try to get some sewing done instead, so I have something next week for WIP Wednesday.