Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Does the noise in my head bother you?

1. I really like Steven Tyler as an American Idol judge.
2. Although it is highly doubtful that I will read it, the title of his new book is genius.

3. I can guarantee that the noise in Steven's head has nothing whatsoever to do with quilting.
4. I can also guarantee that the noise in my head is all about quilting, i.e., fabric, design, quilts I'm working on, quilts I want to be working on, why do I not have enough TIME??, etc.

Current Works in Progress:
1.  Single Girl quiltalong: actual progress made this week. Did anyone sew these arcs together without a gazillion pins? It.takes.so.long.to.pin.


2.  Flea Market Fancy Popbeads: waiting to be basted so hand quilting can get started.

3.  3x6 Mini Block Exchange: pattern chosen; fabrics not chosen yet--but it's a start, right?
4.  Birdie Stitches. No progress this week.
5.  Hexagon Charm quiltalong. Sporadic progress being made.
6.  Bottled Rainbows quiltalong. All base blocks completed. This has led to a corresponding idea for my     next donation quilt that I'm really excited about--details to follow.
7.  Supernova--fabric chosen.
8.  Outside Oslo sewing marathon. I can hardly wait to show you what I'm working on!


Works Screaming to be Completed:
1.  Amy's Creative Side quiltalong (um, making two separate quilts because the fabrics in the first were screaming at each other).
2.  Hexagon quiltalong by Jaybird Quilts.
3.  The "white quilt", started over ten years ago. (Shhh. Don't remind Aaron and Christa. They think I've forgotten about this one--sixteen 18" blocks, each different, all hand quilted--just need to be assembled together.)

4.  Baby Geniuses quilt--needs to be quilted and then sent to a friend in Massachusetts I've never actually met but who I know will love the quilt because she is a scientist.
5. Cherry Baby. Lots of HSTs. Back waiting to be completed so I can move on...

Works in My Head (being extremely noisy):
1.  Tokyo Subway Map quilt (although my plan is to change it to the Portland MAX lightrail map).
2.  The Proverbial Quilt (making all the words out of fabric that has words printed on it).

3.  Block-a-Palooza quiltalong using Sunkissed by Sweetwater. Not started.
4. That Girl, That Quilt quiltalong using Sherbet Pips--Not started.
5.  Carla's awesome quilt pattern. Fabric chosen.
6.  Spool Play quiltalong development.
7.  Pattern development for Moda Bake Shop.
8. Other ideas, too numerous to mention, all clammering for some attention.

So tell me. Do you have a lot of noise in your head too?

Don't forget to head over to freshly pieced to see what everyone else is up to today.
And you still have a few hours to read about the Name Game, say hi to Julia of little girl quilts, and enter the giveaway.