Monday, August 9, 2010

Black Bear

I have had a black bear in my yard this past year, more than once, and have posted pictures on my blog before.  This time, I want to post a picture of the black bear wall hanging which I am working on.  The design is called:  Backdoor Bear and it is by Toni Whitney who designs for Bigfork Bay Cotton Company (this link takes you to their blog).  They are a design company that produces patterns that I cannot get enough of!  I love all of their designs.  I also love their method of applique....while this is not finished and not the best picture I had to share it tonight:


I will probably try and take another one tomorrow in natural light so that you can truly see the colors--the bear is actually black not brown.  The fabrics are all batiks!  You can purchase their patterns or as kits with the fabrics from their site which is:    Bigfork Bay Cotton Company Where Quilters Gather. (This is a link to their site where you can purchase)

I also have a picture of the kitten that we raised from about 3 weeks old.  He is definitely getting big and is extremely lovable.  Loves to jump up and sleep in your lap, snuggles right in--when he is not playing with the dog or just running around.


Well, until tomorrow, happy quilting!