Thursday, August 19, 2010

Color Therapy Thursday--the Pyrex Orange Crush edition

In perusing some new quilting blogs lately, I have noticed a couple of quilters who are also collectors of vintage pyrex. After looking at my Tupperware, some of which is really yucky dated itself, I would like a more attractive and sustainable alternative. Etsy, oh how easy you make it for me to fuel my "orange crush."

Circle Creek Home:


 Marianne Clare:

Two Little Owls:

Vintage Soup:

Faith and Franny:


Aren't these stunning examples of vintage Pyrex?

It's completely hard for me to believe that August is halfway over. Why do I even bring that up? Well, because that means that the holidays are (yikes) just around the corner. You know what I mean: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hannukah, etc. Now why would I include Thanksgiving in that group? A holiday certainly but not generally considered a gift-giving occasion.

Oh, wait. I do believe my birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day this year.

Just sayin'....for anyone out there who finds this information to be interesting or helpful. Mark? Christa? Aaron? Ferris?  Anyone? Anyone?