Friday, August 6, 2010

Roosters Party 2010

Well, I have finally returned and it is time for me to return to the blogging world and to display my roosters today!  Now mind you, I do not have a lot of roosters at this point, but the ones I do have are very special to me!  I also have a rooster quilt kit to make and some rooster fabric to make a another rooster table runner and/or table topper!

So, without further delay, my small, but growing, family of roosters.

These were passed down to me from my grandmother's collection, they are original milk glass:


Next, this rooster is actually a very heavy weight--probably meant to be a door stop.  However, I enjoy it on my baker's rack or counter--it has never touched the floor!



Lastly, this grouping of hen and roosters is a collection of Venetian glass.  I am always amazed to see how they can hand blow glass so beautifully!



I hope that you have enjoyed my small, but growing collection of roosters!  I will work on the quilting aspect with roosters as the motif very soon! 

Until tomorrow--and yes, I will be back tomorrow and daily after that, I have so much to share--Happy Quilting and take a trip to other Roosters in the Party by clicking on the link below!



                       Thank you so much to Barb of Bella Vista blog for hosting this fantastic party!