Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Mailbox

INCOMING:
We were out of town last week, so I went to the post office this morning to retrieve this package that arrived. From India.

They spend a lot of time on packaging. Here is my package, from the outside in: a cloth envelope, whipstitched closed by hand on the back.

Then sewn shut by machine:


Then covered in mesh-backed paper:


Then covered in plastic. Getting closer...

Finally. Beautiful napkins to go with my Fiestaware dishes:


OUTGOING:
To my hexie swap partner:


These little owls always want to steal the show.


A bag to put them in (because hexies should travel in style, in a little fabric bag made out of hexagon fabric!)


All tied and ready to go:


My adorable little hexagon helper, looking extra cool in his shades. He always looks so serious when he is sorting these hexies. Apparently it takes a lot of concentration.